Promoting your practice doesn't have to be costly and time-consuming. Physicians and experts share some creative ways to lure more patients into your practice:
1. Get social. Have a professional website, a well-written blog, and an active Facebook page and Twitter feed.
2. YouTube. Ask patients for permission to tape and post online an interview you have with them. Then use your blog to promote the online video.
3. Become an expert. Write an article on avoidance and treatment tips for common medical issues.
4. Give out. Offer patients brochures, pens and fridge magnets with your office information printed on them.
5. Give back. Target your volunteer efforts to attract the most relevant patients.
6. Ask for help. Your current patients are a great opportunity for free publicity.
7. Say thanks. Send a handwritten thank-you card to new patients.
There are online tools that can make these tasks easier, and some EHR vendors offering such services as part of their solutions.